Friday, September 11, 2026

Midnight Ride by Blackbird Designs

 Midnight Ride by Blackbird Designs is the project I chose to stitch for the Blackbird Academy SAL. The theme for September is Birds and this one has a big bird as the main part of the project.

Blackbird Designs Midnight Ride supplies 


I chose a piece of 16ct Murmer by Picture This Plus and the silk conversion by Vikkie Clayton for the floss. I had never stitched with her floss before and it was a dream to work with. 

Fragrant Cloves – A Coo Sticks
Garden Gate – Coffee Bitters
Onyx – Labyrinth 

I love Fall and it is my favorite time of the year but I am not a big fan of Halloween. BUT, I had seen this piece stitched and I wanted to give it a try. 

I decided I wanted to finish this by mounting it to a board. BUT I only had a 6" board or an 8" one which was a bit to big. So I ordered a 7" one. I decided to add some rickrack and lace it to the 6" circle so that it would ready once the board was delivered.


 


I painted the board black and mounted the stitch piece on it and added a small wooden leaf on the handle. 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment