Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Clara Ellen

I recently lost my "little" brother to cancer. I wanted to stitch a memorial piece to give as a gift to my "little" sister. Both of them are younger than me BUT our last name is Little, or was until we married. 

Clara Ellen is #8 in the Anniversaries of the Heart series by Blackbird Designs and the design I chose to use.

 

Since some of the personalization was stitched over one, I chose a piece of 25ct Natural Lugana as the fabric and used the called for floss. I did change the inside of the windows to Onion Skin as the Olive Branch was a bit to dark for me.


 
The eyelet stitch has now joined the lazy daisy and backstitch as my least favorite stitches.


 I just placed an order for a frame from The Rusty Roof on Etsy. One of my favorite source for frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment